Position Title: Buyer
Location: Winterset, IA
We are seeking an experienced and savvy problem solver for a position focused on purchasing steel and other products for our operations.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. located in Winterset, IA is a 100-year manufacturer and innovator of foundation/structural repair and water management products. Founded on the belief that hard work, quality products, and customer service are the keys to success, we continue in that tradition today. Sold through a dealer network and manufactured in our Winterset, Iowa facility our capable leadership team is guiding the company through exponential growth.
– Collaborate with manufacturing planning and production to understand and identify production material needs
– Purchase all supplies and materials required
– Identify and engage with multiple vendors, seeking ideal pricing and terms
– Provide forecasts to ensure suppliers will be successful
– Negotiate favorable prices, terms, contracts, and release schedules
– Review and keep quality standards up-to-date and ensure product and services meet all standards
– Manage inventory to maximize turns
– Coordinate, buy & expedite secondary processes
– Utilize Operational Excellence methodologies such as JIT, Kanban, Continuous Improvement, Toyota Production System
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualified candidates have 10+ years of purchasing experience, preferably with steel buying experience in a manufacturing setting with proven experience negotiating pricing, identifying opportunities for improved terms, contract options, and favorable release schedules. High proficiency with an ERP system (Accumatica, a plus), and intermediate MS Office skills. A related degree or purchasing/planning/supply chain certification such as a CPP is desired. Individuals with a do-what-it-takes mindset that bring creativity and innovation to achieve goals, along with having some fun while they are at it are encouraged to apply.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PERKS:
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a highly competitive salary and full benefits that include health insurance, 4 weeks of PTO, and 401K matching. Our employees enjoy an atmosphere that celebrates success and hosts casual social gatherings.
$60,000 – $80,000/year, based on experience.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.