Position Title: Manufacturing Welder
Location: Winterset, IA
Status: Full and Part Time Positions Available
1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 days) or 3:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m. (4 days)
The Manufacturing Welder will weld, cut and braze metal pieces and products by using flame-cutting and hand welding equipment.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a flexible environment, competitive benefits, and a culture that promotes growth, along with celebrating success. Here at Grip-Tite we realize that our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Repairs and fabricates various items and equipment using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment.
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical or flat.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Completion of Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR successful completion of an
in-company, three-year training program required.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs.
- Uphold the Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Core Values
- Team player
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Competitive Hourly Pay – starting at $18.00+ per hour, based on experience, certification and shift.
- Overtime may be required.
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.