Position Title: Material Handler
Location: Winterset, IA
Status: Full and Part Time Positions Available
Shifts: 1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 days) or 3:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m. (4 days)
The Material Handler position is an important role within the organization as its primary purpose is to support both Production and Shipping & Receiving functions. The Material Handler will be responsible for material movement within the facilities, prepping and staging product, organizing product, cycle counts, as well as performing local pick-ups and deliveries with Company vehicles.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a flexible environment, competitive benefits, and a culture that promotes growth, along with celebrating success. Here at Grip-Tite we realize that our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Responsible for the movement of material and parts. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting production by transporting material between work areas (ex: moving laser components to bracket cell, moving finished goods to stocking location, etc).
- Take accountability in reducing production downtime by conducting visual checks of parts availability/restocking needs.
- Must align activities with organizational initiatives and practices, including keeping inventory stock out of shipping areas and in correct locations, and ensuring raw and component material is identified with the RMO label.
- Works with the Fulfillment Manager as needed to ensure product and parts are properly labeled and stored in the correct location.
- Pick-up or deliver material on and off site in the pick-up truck with trailer or straight truck as needed for hardware, plating, etc. May include, but is not limited to, runs to Barrett, Boulder, and Grainger. May also include transporting material between Madison and Jefferson as needed.
- Assist with cycle counting.
- Build pallets and skids for production.
- Perform effectively as part of the fulfillment team. Communication is key.
- Operate forklift, material handling equipment, and tools safely.
- Work closely with Production Supervisors.
- Must be willing to take initiative and be accountable for material handling functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Support and backfill for the Shipping and Receiving Clerk as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Manufacturing/Industrial environment exposure preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent or at least 1-year experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures, operating and maintenance instruction and manuals
- Take the initiative to keep all areas clean and safe
- Follow applicable housekeeping and safety procedures
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds each, with assistance if needed, at heights from floor level to 4 feet high
- Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects
- Must wear personal protective equipment – ear plugs, steel toe shoes and protective glasses
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Must be comfortable driving a straight truck or similar, CDL is a plus but not required.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs.
- Uphold the Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Core Values
- Team player
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Competitive Hourly Pay – $17.00+ based on qualifications, experience, and shift.
- Overtime may be required
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer