Position Title: Tool and Die Maker/ Associate
Location: Winterset, IA
The Tool and Die Maker will build and maintain tools and fixtures in compliance with production standards and safety regulations. Use blueprints to determine project specifications, set up and operate machine tools, finish and adjust parts.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a flexible environment, competitive benefits, and a culture that promotes growth, along with celebrating success. Here at Grip-Tite we realize that our greatest asset remains our employees, and we are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, sharpening, making new details and continuous improvement on tooling for dies, special machines, and fixtures throughout the facility.
- Maintains fixtures, dies and special machines to produce quality products.
- Responsible for reading and understanding blueprints and the ability to make details and assemble from those prints.
- Have the ability to run or perform knee mills, surface grinders, lathe, drill press, layout, welding along with using micrometers, calipers, depth mic and indicators.
- Have the ability to design simple fixtures and gages and communicate those ideas to others
- Have the ability to understand basic die concepts of heat treat, clearance, grinding and material types.
- Test and run complete dies to make sure they conform to specifications.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines by keeping work area clean and organized.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Experience in a Tool and Die role or tool room machining.
- Excellent technical skills, with the ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one -*+year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs.
- Uphold the Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Core Values
- Team player
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Competitive Hourly Pay – based on experience.
- Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm (2 paid 15 min breaks)
- Overtime may be required
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and 4 weeks of paid time off.
- Energetic and transparent work environment and great company culture. Driven, motivated, and talented support team.
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.