Position Title: Tool and Die Technician
Location: Winterset, IA
Status: Full and Part Time Positions Available
Shifts: 1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (5 days) or 3:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m. (4 days)
The Tool and Die Technician will build and maintain tools and fixtures in compliance with production standards and safety regulations. Use blueprints to determine project specifications, set up and operate machine tools, finish and adjust parts.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a flexible environment, competitive benefits, and a culture that promotes growth, along with celebrating success. Here at Grip-Tite we realize that our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility.
- Study specification plans and blueprints to determine the proper assembly, alignment and calibration of machine
- Fabricate dies using complex machinery such as drill presses, lathes and grinders
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Inspect finish dies to ensure proper smoothness, finish and contour free of all defects
- Test completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet specifications
- Adhere stringently to all safety guidelines by keeping work area clean and wearing protective clothing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Experience in a Tool and Die role
- Excellent technical skills, with the ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Basic mathematical skills, with the ability to mentally add, subtract, divide and multiply
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one -*+year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs.
- Uphold the Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Core Values
- Team player
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Competitive Hourly Pay – $22.00-$32.00 based on qualifications, experience and shift
- Overtime may be required
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer