Position Title: Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Machine Operator
Location: Winterset, IA
We are looking for a Machine Operator to join our team. The Machine Operator is responsible for the setup, operation, and maintenance of the machines while ensuring that all of his/her efforts are compliant with the company standards. Duties may include processing products through the machines to shape, form, and compress materials. The Machine Operator should possess knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, as well as raw materials, and quality control to ensure maximization of the effective production of products.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a flexible environment, competitive benefits, and a culture that promotes growth, along with celebrating success. Here at Grip-Tite we realize that our greatest asset remains our employees, and we are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Clean and inspect parts for quality
- Complete required paperwork to account for production and quality activity
- Read and follow Safe Job Procedures
- Set-up and operate complex production equipment
- Maintain production
- Operate and adjust automated and/or robotic equipment
- Focus on safety and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple efforts at once.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexible to business needs
- Willing to be cross trained in all areas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Manufacturing/Industrial environment exposure preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent or at least 1-year experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures, operating and maintenance instruction and manuals
- Take the initiative to keep all areas clean and safe
- Follow applicable housekeeping and safety procedures
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds each, with assistance if needed, at heights from floor level to 4 feet high
- Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects
- Must wear personal protective equipment - ear plugs, steel toe shoes and protective glasses
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- High School Diploma
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs.
- Uphold the Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Core Values
- Team player
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Competitive Hourly Pay - $14.00 to $16.00 an hour (BOE)
- Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm (2 paid 15 min breaks)
- Overtime may be required
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match
- Energetic and transparent work environment and great company culture. Driven, motivated, and talented support team.
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.