Crawlspace stabilizers are a reliable solution for sagging floor joists and un-supported beams within a crawlspace. The Grip-Tite Stabilizer consists of a heavy-duty, adjustable steel column that is adaptable to slab or precast block installations and can support vertical loads greater than 60,000 pounds.
- Cost-competitive versus other jack-post or lolly column alternatives
- Stabilizer spacing can be adjusted to assure stresses in beam joists and soils are within acceptable limits.
- High capacity 3-inch O.D. steel pier column can be cut to desired length at job site
- Pre-drilled holes in steel plate allow for connection to beam or floor joists
- Heavy-duty 10-inch long threaded rod allows for easy adjustment
- Provides supplemental support of an axial load of up to 30,000 lbs. (30 Kips or 15 tons)
- Compacted crushed stone or crushed (recycled) concrete base effectively transfers the structural load from the stabilizer to the existing soils. A poured concrete base (footing) may also be considered.
Threaded Tube Insert
Threaded Rod w/Flats
- Utilizes Grip-Tite® Foundation Pier - 3.0-inch Outside Diameter (O.D.) x 0.120-inch wall tube steel, ultimate tensile strength = 80,000 psi (min.), yield tensile strength = 70,000 psi (min.)
- Capacities determined by an Independent Testing Laboratory:
Ultimate > 60 Kips
Allowable = 30 Kips (FOS = 2)
**The Stabilizer is not designed to support or resist lateral loads.