As you may know, helical tiebacks are used to repair foundation damage and fix potential shifting/settling. If you are a homeowner, you might be wondering which foundation repair method is best for your home. If you're a foundation repair company, you might be wondering what kind of products we offer for this kind of repair. Lucky for you, we have both. Grip-Tite is the leading manufacturer of foundation repair and basement waterproofing products in America and has been in business for over 90 years.
What Are Helical Tiebacks?
This product is typically used to fix bowing basement walls. They look like large screws and are rotated into the ground facing away from the affected wall. When the tieback is installed correctly in stable soil, it will then pull the bowing wall back into place, supporting it against future shifting/bowing. This option is chosen by many foundation repair experts because it's a solution proven to last.
What are the Benefits of Helical Tiebacks?
Helical tiebacks utilize proven engineering methods to secure and provide tension resistance for retaining walls, guy wires for power poles and towers, and slope retention. They can be combined with push piers or helical piles to provide combined tension and compression design capacities. Because of this, tiebacks are a very versatile product. There are so many positives when you use this product, including:
- Predictable capacity
- No excavation required on the high-grade side of foundation or retaining walls.
- Installs with either handheld or small equipment in areas of limited or tight access
- Load test can be conducted immediately after installation
- Generates no spoils
- Clean installation ' no messy grout
- All-weather installation
All of these benefits make this an easy, cost-effective solution for your property. With the wide variety of applications, this option suits residential, commercial, and even industrial situations where the speed of installation, budget-friendly options, and durability are all serious factors in choosing a foundation product.
Features of Helical Tiebacks
- Lead sections available in 2, 5 and 7-foot lengths
- Extensions available in 3, 5 and 7-foot lengths
- Socket and bolt connections
- Helical leads and extensions available with helix blade configurations to meet project-specific requirements.
- Helix blade diameters of 8, 10, 12 and 14 inches.
- Available with hot-dipped galvanized coating for added corrosion resistance.
Specifications Of Grip-Tite Helical Tiebacks
- 1.5 inches round corner square shaft (C1530 Modified)
- Torque Strength Rating = 7,000 ft.-lb.
- Torque Correlation Factor (Kt) = 10 ft-1
- Connecting Bolts: 0.75-inch diameter Heavy Hex Machine Bolt (SAE J429 ' Grade 8)
- Ultimate axial capacity based upon installation torque = 70 kips (tension)
- Allowable axial capacity based upon installation torque = 35 kips (FOS = 2)
- Allowable axial capacity based upon shear of coupling bolt = 26.5 kips (per Allowable Stress Design Method)