What Are Wall Anchors Used For?
The Grip-Tite wall anchor utilizes proven engineering methods to secure and stabilize deteriorating basement walls, such as those affected by leaning, tilting, bowing, or cracking. The system consists of an interior wall plate, exterior soil anchor, a connecting steel rod, and hardware to stabilize and support weak or failing basement walls. This is a cost-effective system with a minimally invasive installation process and requires minimal maintenance over the years.
- In most cases can straighten wall (over time) without excavation
- Limited disturbance to lawn and landscape
- The low-profile wall plate can be easily painted or finished over
- Counteracts pressure on the wall without causing damage to structure (does not rely on the floor joists or wood framing as the reaction)
- Will stabilize bowed, leaning and sheared walls
- The patented product can only be installed by manufacturer-certified installers
- An alternative to completely removing and rebuilding basement walls
- Allowable Rod Capacity = 8,400 lbs.
- Wall Plate: 10 gauge (0.134-inch thick) hot-rolled, embossed steel plate. Available in standard plate (approx. 195 sq. in.) or large plate (approx. 300 sq. in.)
- Earth Anchor: Two cross-plated 10 gauge (0.134-inch thick) hot-rolled, embossed steel plates
- Anchor Rods: nominal diameter 0.734 inch with rolled threads in 6.5 foot sections
- Corrosion Resistant: wall anchor components hot-dipped galvanized in accordance with ASTM A-153.
We are a company with over 90 years of experience testing, building, and researching the best products for foundation repair and waterproofing. You can trust us to know what we’re talking about every single time. Our products are perfect for your home or business. Give us a call today if you’re ready to order or have a few more questions. We’re looking forward to speaking with you!