If you have technician experience and are looking for employment, Grip-Tite may be the right place for you. We are looking for qualified, dedicated, and passionate individuals in our quality technician department. Continue reading below to learn more about the position or give us a call today!
Position Title: Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Quality Technician
Location: Winterset, IA
Grip-Tite is seeking a Quality Technician that will audit and inspect products and processes to assess compliance to established requirements with a focus on pier tubes, brackets, helices, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and galvanizing processes. They must then report the results of those audits and inspections in order to drive continual improvement. The applicant must be able to maintain control of acceptance criteria, documentation, and records. Main job responsibilities include testing and inspecting products at various stages of the production process as well as compiling and evaluating data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of our products.
WHY GRIP-TITE MANUFACTURING CO.?
Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. offers a flexible environment, competitive benefits, and a culture that promotes growth, along with celebrating success. Here at Grip-Tite, we realize that our greatest asset remains our employees. We are committed to developing and promoting our talented individuals to support our future leadership needs.
- Inspect/audit incoming materials and components for compliance with specified requirements.
- Initiates and oversees internal and external corrective action projects.
- Measure and evaluate materials, components, and products utilizing designated gauging methods.
- Document the results of inspections and audits.
- Quarantine nonconforming product as appropriate.
- Prepare rejected supplier components for return to supplier facility.
- Perform process audits to assess compliance with specified requirements.
- Collect process and product data to support continual improvement efforts.
- Coordinate and/or perform product and inventory sorting and/or rework as necessary.
- Aid in the preparation of work instructions, forms, or other documentation as assigned.
- Promote the understanding of quality-related tools and information through knowledge communication and guidance to other employees.
- Perform other support functions as necessary or as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use gauges (i.e. calipers, micrometers, specific test equipment, etc.).
- Proficient in basic computer skills and program usage (i.e. Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving and math skills.
- Previous quality, manufacturing, or engineering experience preferred, specifically with sheet metal fabrication and welding (powder coating a plus).
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a variety of assignments.
- Prefer 2-year degree or equivalent (High School education required).
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Uphold the Grip-Tite Manufacturing Co. Core Values
- Team player
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to handle deadlines.
- Manufacturing Facility see job analysis (Loud, Noisy, Dirty)
- Competitive Hourly Pay - $16.00 to $18.00 an hour (BOE)
- Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (2 paid 15 min breaks)
- Overtime may be required
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match
- Energetic and transparent work environment and great company culture. Driven, motivated, and talented support team.
- Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Grip-Tite Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.